Friday, October 19, 2012


Titus 2:14 “He it is who gave himself for us that he might redeem us from all iniquity and purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds.”

When my kids were really little they didn't like having anything on their hands.  They would come to me right away and tell me their hands were dirty and they needed to be washed.  My three year old still loves to wash his hands (probably because it involves water).  After a long day working outside in the hot sun, getting a sweaty and dirty it feels so good to take a shower and get all that grime washed off, becoming clean again gives me new energy.  Jesus gave his life to redeem us from all iniquity and purify us.  Through his sacrifice we are clean and renewed again just like being freshly out of a nice shower.  After I shower I feel more alive, relaxed and ready to move forward and do more.  When we have bathed in the grace of God and allowed it to wash every spot of sin away from us, we are renewed and more alive in Him.  It is all I can do to keep from lifting my hands in praise to Him.  My heart rejoices and I am excited to serve my Lord and my King.  We are brand new creations in Him, through him we are redeemed.  Dance, sing and laugh.  Then turn to the Lord and be one who is zealous for good deeds.  In all we do today, let us do those good deeds in honor and praise to our Lord.

Lord,
How can I keep from singing my songs of praise and thanksgiving?  I cannot!  My heart sings even when my voice does not.  Thank you for redeeming us and loving us always.  Let our words and deeds be joyfully dedicated to your today.  All glory, laud and honor to you, Redeemer; King.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment