Sunday, October 7, 2012


Ruth 2:12 “May the Lord reward you for your deeds, and may you have a full reward from the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come for refuge!”

Motive... I read this verse yesterday and have been pondering it off and on since then.  When I came back to it this morning I realized that at this moment in time, this verse is speaking to me about motive.  What is the motivation for the things I do each day?  Do I seek to be praised or do I seek to praise God with my tasks?  It became clear to me that I have actually become derailed; completely off the track lately.  I do not seek praise but I have lost my motivation to do anything in praise either.  When I look at what I have on my list of “to do” I do not know where to begin and I become derailed.  If I keep this verse in my heart, I know my motivation and ability will return and I will be able to serve in praise to the Lord.  These times of derailment happen to me on occasion and it is frustrating for everyone in my home, I am sure.  I know I am not alone in spinning my wheels only to find that I am not even on the track.  It is time for me to seek refuge in the Lord, be placed gently back on track and then move forward again, one chug-a- chug-a at a time, in service to the Lord.

Lord,
Renew my servant heart.  You know it has been broken and needs repair.  I long to serve you and somehow I lost the drive to do my tasks in honor to you.  As I clean my house, teach my children and cook meals, let all those things and more be in service to you.  When I do this, I know I receive all the reward I could ever desire.  You are a gracious and loving God; help me praise you in my service.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment