Thursday, October 25, 2012


Psalm 113:2-3 “Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time on and forevermore.  From the rising of the sun to its setting the name of the Lord is to be praised.”

A fresh blanket of snow covers the bushes and grass at my house.  Yesterday evening is started raining and turned to snow and as I wait for my children to wake up I can already hear their excitement and joy when they see it.  There are so many things each day that bring laughter and joy to the faces of my kids.  The days are getting shorter as we move into late fall and prepare for winter to set in.  The sun rises a little later each morning and sets a little earlier each evening.  If I spent each moment of the day blessing and praising the name of the Lord my smile would never fade.  Even on the shortest day of the year I would be filled beyond overflowing with blessings and joy.  Have you noticed that when you are in a time of praise and thanksgiving that your heart becomes filled even as you are giving from your heart to the Lord?  On the days were the world weighs heavily on your heart, reach out beyond that and sing one song of praise.  Then lift one prayer of thanksgiving to God.  Reach out once more and lift your heart a little more to the adoration of our Lord.  As you do these small things, the weight is lifted more and more.  Before you know it you are relieved, renewed and filled with praise and thanksgiving for the God of grace!

Lord,
We come to you this morning all with different needs.  You know our hearts and I ask that you move within all those things and bring us to a time of praise and thanksgiving.  Lift our hearts and our eyes to see your glory so we may lift our voices in praise to you.  I dedicate this day to you and your glory.  Help me live in praise to you today.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment