Sunday, October 28, 2012


Deuteronomy 30:4, 6 “Even if you are exiled to the ends of the world, from there the Lord your God will gather you, and from there he will bring you back...Moreover, the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, in order that you may live.”

When I was young I lived on the edge, on the periphery of life.  I have always been an introvert and when I was a child I bordered on shy.  I still tend to sit back in the wings and watch rather that jump in and join the party with abandon.  It reminds me of swimming.  God gathers us from the very edge where we are dipping our little toes in the water and He plunges us into the deep cool water.  After the initial shock we realize it is refreshing and invigorating.  He wants us to join the party.  Dive into the water; get your hair wet and splash around.  Feel the smooth water gliding on your skin as you move stroke by stroke.  Swim and play with abandon.  Live your life in His love with abandon.  In John chapter ten, Jesus says He came that we may have life abundantly.  He doesn’t want us to be toe dippers; he wants us to take the plunge.  Feel God drawing you back in from the ends of the world.   Feel Him cleansing your heart so you may love and live for him with abandon, in abundance.

Lord,
Help me jump in with both feet even with my introverted personality in tow.  Help me set aside my shy tendencies so I swim deeply in the love and life you call us to.  Guide me into abundant, exuberant life within the person that you created me to be.  Fill my heart and soul to overflowing once more so I may be soaked with love for you and go deep into an abundant life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment