Saturday, October 13, 2012


John 5:39-40 “You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on my behalf.  Yet you refuse to come to me to have life.”

So many of us talk the talk but do we walk the walk?  I could not stop thinking about this all through my quiet time.  How often do I go to church, listen to the scriptures and sermon, sing the hymns and then go out and do my own will despite it all? Does my daily path truly follow in the footsteps of Christ?  Throughout scripture God calls us to abide in Him, trust in Him, and walk with Him.  He sent his Son to make that walk accessible to all, to you and to me.  I seem to walk through life with blinders on, caught in the vision of my own little world.  God changes hearts and lives and yet I turn my back on him and choose my own way over and over.  I am like a child that likes to take the hardest and most unreasonable path to get somewhere; I call it the path of most resistance.  I know I am not alone in this struggle; I have seen and heard it from others. When will we truly step out in faith?  When will we stop listening to the voice of “reason” and listen to the voice of God?  He gave us his Word and his Spirit.  He sent his Son, what more can He give?  Amazingly, grace abounds.  Let us humble our hearts and accept His grace; come to Him so that we may have true life.

Lord,
Forgive us for choosing death and destruction so many times.  We refuse to hear you because we do not like what you say.  We forget that you are the Shepherd.  You guide and protect us; you bring us life, if only we would follow.  Open our ears and our hearts to hear you and know you so we may have true life in you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment