Saturday, October 6, 2012


Titus 1:16 “They profess to know God, but they deny him by their actions.  They are detestable, disobedient, unfit for any good work.”

Actions speak louder than words.  I remember hearing this growing up and as I grow older and “wiser” it is easy to see this old adage is true.  Our mouths are easily led to speak deceitful words.  We do not want others to know our truth.  We can even deceive ourselves without too much effort.   There have been many times when I sat in quiet meditation asking to be forgiven of things I knew I needed redemption for.  Then, God in His wisdom and grace showed how my actions did not speak to my faith or my love of the Lord.  Philippians 4:13 says “I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me.”  I know this to be true because when I call on Him, He is always ready to come to my aid.  He will not aid my selfish will.  I need to come, in humility, ready to submit to His will for me.  It is not easy but I want my actions to show my love for God.  I do not want to be detestable and disobedient!  I know He redeems us when we are ready.  He will give us the strength we need to walk with Him.  He is faithful to his disciples, what a gift of love!

Lord,
Please forgive my actions and my inaction that have drawn me away from you and your love.  Help the words of my mouth speak the truth of my heart and guide my heart in your truth.  Help me rely on your strength to do your will in my life.  I pray this for myself and all who read this.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment