Wednesday, October 3, 2012


Hosea 6:3 “Let us know, let us press on to know the Lord; his appearing is as sure as the dawn; he will come to us like the showers, like the spring rains that water the earth.”

I love the rain.  The sound of the drops on my house and the smell of the rain are soothing to me.  We had a rain just a couple of mornings ago and rain in the morning is pretty unusual in Colorado. If we start the day with clouds and rain it is likely that it will just be a rainy and cloudy day all day.  On this particular morning the sun broke through for a few minutes and the result of the sunshine on the wet earth was so beautiful.  All the colors were brighter; vivid.  The green of the trees and the grass, the black of the street and the dark sky as a backdrop were all striking.  This is how I feel after I have spent time with God.  When I come away from my devotion time, I have been forgiven and cleansed.  His love and grace have showered down on me like the spring rains and I shine brighter, my soul is more vivid.  It is this renewal, this cleansing and grace that keeps me coming back to know the Lord more and more.  As I know more of the Lord, I feel his grace more deeply and I can walk in better step with Him.  It is so easy to stumble on the path.  An enticing little temptation on the side of the road can lead us astray in a heartbeat.  We are human and we will fail.  This verse calls us to press on.  Press on to know the Lord, He will come and He will shower his love and grace on each of us when we come in truth and humility.  Thank you Lord!

Lord,
Thank you for rain and thank you for the sun that always follows.  You are as sure as the dawn and your promise to come to us in love and forgiveness is humbling.  Search our hearts for dust and grime; for sin and darkness.  Help us release those things to you so that we can receive your grace like a shower of spring rain.  It is in this exchange, this blessed time with you, that we will know you.  You are ever a mystery, give us the desire to press on and know you more.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment