Saturday, October 20, 2012


2 Timothy 2:1 “You then, my child, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.”

This morning I confess to you that I am suffering from what I call “distract-o-brain”.  I wrestled with what verse I was supposed to meditate on and beyond that, my mind was wandering well beyond the place of my meditation and focus on the Lord.  It went from reviewing the fall festival at church last night and the people I saw there to the kids in my neighborhood on to the groceries and chores that I need to consider.  Then I started wondering if I should even be doing this; writing this devotion for myself and others.  I mean, who am I to think I have anything of value to say?  Maybe my time is up, I have been doing this for a year now...  the message is redundant, there is nothing new that I could say that you haven’t already heard so many times, right?  Yet, I remembered in the midst of this chaos that the message bears repeating from now until the end of time.  I know I need to hear the same message over and over so that it seeps into the very depths of my soul renewing and strengthening me again to go into the world in love and grace.  It is Christ’s grace that frees me and I am compelled to share that freedom with others.  I am strengthened and I trust that somehow the words you read give you food for the soul as well.  Be strong in the grace of Christ.

Lord,
Ah, the chaos is frustrating.  Thank you for breaking through and whispering to my heart anyway.  You are so faithful and loving, even to me and my distract-o-brain.  Bring my heart to center on you and your love.  Help me drink in the grace you have given and the share it with others so we are all strengthened and live for your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment