Tuesday, October 2, 2012


2 Corinthians 5:15 "And he died for all, so that those who live might live no longer for themselves, but for him who died and was raised for them."

Yesterday was a crazy day and today is filled to the brim with things too.  One of my friends asked me when I could have coffee this week and I have no time on my calendar until Friday!  How can this be true?  I stay at home and home school, I should have all kinds of free time, right?  As I thought about my schedule today in light of this verse I realized all the things I am doing today can be done in glory to my Lord.  I take my 3 year old to a Christian preschool so he can learn social skills in a wholesome environment.  I home school my 6 year old so I can teach her in the ways of the Lord as she learns the skills of reading, writing and arithmetic.  I buy grass fed beef and go to the chiropractor in an attempt of a more holistic way of living.  I need to buy a computer part so that my computer can be fixed, give this loaner back to my very generous friend and still write my devotions.  We are closing on our refinance today so that we are better stewards of the gifts God has given us.  I can run around like a chicken with my head cut off, feeling stressed and overwhelmed with tasks but it seems that if I go through my day with this frame of mind, I am living for me.  If I can keep the mindset that all I am doing is in glory to the Lord, I live in the hope that peace and grace will fill my day despite all I am doing.  To God be the glory!

Lord,
Thank you for the refreshing view of my day and the reminder that all I do is done to honor you.  I pray for the peace that passes all understanding to fill all those who are reading this today in the midst of all they are doing today.  We carry a heavy load but if we can carry it in honor of you, it is much lighter.  Open our eyes to see if we are living for you or for ourselves so that we can change our lives where needed.  We are created to glorify you in all we do, help us do what we are created to do.  Amen.

Blessings,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment