Wednesday, October 17, 2012


1 Corinthians 1:18 “For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”

Have you ever spoken with someone about the gospel and seen this unbelieving look in their eyes?  They look at you either like you are a bit crazy or with pity because you are foolish to believe such nonsense.   Some say we are so unrealistic and live in a dream world.  I guess if your heart is hardened and you are not open to receiving Love, this gospel story would seem a bit far-fetched.  I know the love I feel for my children and I know that God loves his children in perfection, well beyond anything I could ever attain.  He loves all of us with an unending love and has reached out to us since the beginning of time.  The love and power behind the gospel message is unfathomable.  God’s own son was sacrificed on the cross to cleanse the world’s sins and break down the barrier between the Divine and us.  In His mighty power He defied death and rose again bringing His gift of salvation into reality.  When I read this story and think about the cross, His death and His sacrifice for my salvation ... I wish I could share the depth of love I feel.  I hope and pray that all will come to believe the message of the cross so that none will perish and we can all join together is praising the Almighty!

Lord,
Your love is amazing to me.  Thank you for opening our hearts to the message of the cross and I ask that through my actions and prayers, through my words and deeds others will come to hear the message and be saved by your grace.  I praise you this morning, you are all powerful and Almighty and you love each one of us.  Thank you Lord!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment