Wednesday, October 31, 2012


Matthew 18:10 “Take care that you do not despise one of these little ones; for, I tell you, in heaven their angels continually see the face of my Father in heaven.”

There have been so many stories in the news lately about child abductions or attempted abductions.  One family in Colorado recently suffered the loss of their 10 year old little girl.  She was walking to school and was snatched away.  The story ended in tragedy when her body was found a few days later.  Since then, the abduction stories have been rampant.  When I read this verse I was startled.  These little ones have “their” angels?  Oh I wish I could read Greek so I could be sure the translation is true here.  I would love to know with my mind what I already know in my heart.  It would bring me a little more peace if I knew there was a guardian angel looking after each of my children.  In reality that is not quite what this verse says though, and it does not need to.  The message is clear.  God our Father loves each of us; we are all his little ones.  The verses that follow this one are the parable of the lost sheep.  He will go in search for one who has gone astray because it is His will that not even one would be lost.  He sent his Spirit to guide and protect us, He is our guardian.  I do believe in angels and I believe that they can guide and protect us and our children.  The truth here is that God and His Spirit never leave us.  We need to extend that protection and love to his children around us.

Lord,
There is darkness in this world; your word clearly states it and we see it every day.  Help us hear your voice and feel your protection and guidance in light and love.  Give us courage to help others hear you and come to you so not one of your precious ones is lost.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment