Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Revelation 19:12 “... and on his head are many diadems; and he has a name inscribed that no one knows but himself”

Throughout the night I was awakened and the song “Crown Him with Many Crowns” was going through my head each time.
When I finally got up to stay, I looked up the song to find out what scripture, if any, the song was based on.  I was led to this verse in the book of Revelation.  I almost closed the bible and started all over again but I needed to write my thoughts on this.
What are the many diadems or crowns that he wears?  Are they the different titles he holds or crowns from many people, many nations, the Universe and all that is in it?  It is not clear to me in this passage of scripture what these crowns represent.  The song lyrics describe the different titles that Jesus holds; Lord of love, Lord of life, Lord of heaven...
Whatever the crowns stand for I am sure of one thing.  He is my King and I believe he is the one true King of all.  Whenever I face eternity and I come to the throne in all my spirit, I will gaze upon my King with many crowns and I know I will be received as a beloved daughter.  This alone is enough to make my heart sing.  I gladly give him my crown; I only have it because he gave it to me through his grace and mercy, his death and resurrection.
Today, my heart sings the old hymn Crown Him with Many Crowns and I go into this day striving to honor him in every way as my King and Lord.

Lord,
There is so much mystery that surrounds you.  I read scripture to learn what you taught when you came to earth but even in your teachings you tell us there is much we are not ready to learn yet.  I long for the day I can learn more in your presence.  Until then, I praise and honor you for all you have done for us.  Thank you for teaching us and for redeeming us for eternity with you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment