Friday, February 14, 2014

1 John 4:7 “Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.”

Today we celebrate love...
Many people receive candy and cards, flowers and kisses on this holiday of love.  Many people do not receive anything.  Does this mean they have no love?
Kids have all filled out their little valentines for everyone in the class and will spend time passing them out and having a party to celebrate love in their schools.  It was a challenge for my daughter to write some for the kids she doesn't know or doesn't really like but a good lesson to learn.
I remember one school year when I was a child.  My “boyfriend” gave me a big heart shaped box of chocolates along with my little kid valentine.  He was teased relentlessly by the other boys and I remember the other girls in the class looking surprised and a little envious.  Who doesn't want to feel special and loved?
Who makes you feel special and loved?
Whether you have a sweetheart that makes your pulse beat a little quicker when you see them, or a dear friend or two that you could not imagine life without or family that is with you through thick and through thin, we all have love.  If you feel like you have no one that is a lie.  God loved each of us before time began, He loves each of us today and he continues to love us for eternity.
Go into today filled with love because love is from God and we are all loved by God.  Share his love with each other so all people can know God and his love.

Lord,
You are my true valentine.  There is no one who loves me more and no one I love more.  Thank you for your steadfast and everlasting love that you give to anyone and everyone who will receive it.  On this day of hearts, help me be a beacon of love to those around me so that all people will experience your true love today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment