Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Acts 2:42 “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.”

Recently I have realized that our Sundays are filled with “church” stuff.
We go to church in the morning for Sunday school and worship.  We stay after church for kid’s choir and fellowship with friends.  We are home for a few hours and then the kids are off to a Christian kids club for a couple of hours, getting home just in time for dinner and down time before bed.
The kids don’t really play with their neighborhood friends much on Sunday, there just is not much time.  One of my daughter’s friends must watch diligently because we are rarely out of the car from church before she is over ready to play for the short time available.
I could change this if I wanted to.  I have thought about it but I really do not see anything wrong with it. 
I feel it is important for my family, my kids to build relationships with Christian kids.  I know it is important for me to fellowship with Christian friends.  It is important for us all to take time to hear what message the preacher might deliver that speaks to our heart.  It is a blessing to sing and pray in community.
I know many people who do not go to church, believers and unbelievers.  They say they do not have time or do not find any value in it.  I know for me, I would struggle to stay deep in the Lord without that regular community faith gathering.  I will continue to devoted myself to teaching and fellowship, the breaking of bread and prayers; I hope you will join me.

Lord,
Thank you for the freedom to gather as we will in this country.  I pray for those people who must hide their worship gatherings or simply cannot gather.  I pray for those who choose not to gather together in faith community.  You know our needs, open our minds and hearts to hear, listen and follow you wherever you lead.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment