Saturday, February 22, 2014

Matthew 12:30 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.”

Whose team are you on?
I remember growing up and playing team games.  I was short and kind of small, not very athletic so I was always one of the last kids to get picked for a team.  Even though I wasn't a good athlete I still wanted to be on the good team, no one likes to lose, right?
Do you remember the game Red Rover?  There are two lines of people facing each other and the people in each line link together by holding hands.  Then the lines take turns calling someone over from the other line to run and try to break through their line.  Of course they call the weakest ones first so they can hold their line.  In this game you are either on one team or the other. There is no one standing in the middle, there is no neutral territory in this game.
This is what I hear Jesus saying in this passage.  There is no neutral territory in the spiritual realm.  You must choose a team and if you do not choose, you will be chosen by default.  If you do not choose Jesus you have chosen to be on the opposite team.  If you are not with him, you are against him.
These are strong words to swallow.  I have friends that I know do not claim Jesus and it saddens me to know that because of this they are against him.  They do not serve him so they unknowingly serve darkness.  I pray for my friends daily and so many others that are unaware of where they stand.  I go into this day knowing I may be the only Jesus they will ever see.

Lord,
Let the words of my mouth and the actions of my hands speak of you.  Keep me from falling into worldly traps or leading others away from you, I do not want to scatter.  Guide me in your ways so I can be one to help gather.  I choose to be with you; help me be a light for others to come to be with you as well.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment