Saturday, February 15, 2014

Psalm 146:1-2 “Praise the Lord!  Praise the Lord, O my soul!  I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God all my life long.”

There has been turbulence in my house lately.  The kids are disgruntled and bickering, I am short tempered and quick to frustration and anger.  This is not good.
We climbed into the car, despite my wishes to stay locked in my room feeling sorry for myself, to go to a Valentine’s Day party with our homeschooling friends.  I popped in a CD of songs about love to try and soothe my raw edges and emotions and calm my soul on the way.  I love music.
As we drove the half hour and I listened to music and prayed to God, peace came and love healed.  The kids and I were able to enjoy the time at the party and everyone had a good time.  Once I finally embraced the love and light of God, I was able to release the frustration and anger of the day. 
I cannot even say what I was angry over, does that make sense?
So I come to a place of humility at the foot of the throne.  I ask forgiveness for my human failures and know in the mercy and love of God, I receive the forgiveness I seek.  It is because of this love, this mercy and grace that I am able and compelled to praise the Lord.  This day my soul praises the Lord.  I lift my voice in praise and I hold hope for tomorrow and every day until the end of time.  Praise the Lord!

Lord,
Thank you for the song in my soul, for I know you put it there.  Let the music of today continue to bring blessing to me and those around me.  I pray that our music will be in praise and honor to you God, for you give us the gift and desire to make music.  I give this day to you Lord.  All glory, honor and praise you to my King and Redeemer.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment