Monday, February 17, 2014

Revelation 1:8 “‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

This morning I am in complete awe.
When I read this verse I was struck with how unfathomable He truly is.  This God that I worship and sit in quiet with is the same God that created the world in six days.  This God that moves my heart and speaks to me is the same God that helped Moses perform great wonders in the presence of an Egyptian Pharaoh.
These thoughts are not new to me but today they are bigger and more real to me.  I say that He is timeless but when I meditate on that I cannot wrap my mind around it.  I say that He created and loves each of us but I am speechless with wonder when I realize what that really means.
The loving, gentle parent of my soul is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end and the in between.  Words escape me.
As the sun brightens in the sky and my boy wakes I am still grappling with the vastness of God.  I am struck again with how big and timeless he is and yet how personal and in the moment he is.
As I go into this day, I go in wonder and amazement, I go in quiet awe and I go in joy with the knowledge of Him in my heart and soul and love of Him filling me and surrounding me.
I pray you too, are filled and surrounded by the love of the Almighty, the Alpha and the Omega, the one who is, who was and who is to come.

Lord,
I cling to the knowledge that you are now, you are here and you love us.  I cling to the memories of you working in me to remind me and confirm that you, the Almighty, are with me; with us all in this moment of time.  Thank you for the reminder of who you are.  Let us not lose sight of your power and might, or your love and mercy.  I lift my hands in praise to you, the Almighty.   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment