Monday, October 21, 2013

Psalm 89:1 “I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord, forever; with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations.”

I am often intrigued by the songs we sing in church.  I like to look up the scripture reference listed on them if they have one so I can tie the words in the hymn to scripture and scripture to song.  Maybe this is one reason I spend so much time in the Psalms.  The Lord knows how music speaks to my soul and the Psalms are songs of old.   It is an interesting practice to put the Psalm to a tune; there are several in our hymnal at church...I am not sure the music always fits the but it is still something worth trying.  Allow the words of your favorite hymn come back to you in a quiet moment.  Ponder the words and their meaning and if you feel compelled look them up to see if they too are scripture.  I love the feeling I get when I realize some of my favorite songs come from scripture.  If I can sing and memorize the word of the Lord and the same time, that is a blessing in abundance for me!  So today, on this brisk fall morning I sing of the steadfast love of the Lord.  I open my mouth to proclaim his faithfulness to you and to all who will listen.  He is steadfast and faithful, He loves you and me so lift your voice with me in songs of praise this morning!

Lord,
Thank you for your love and for song.  Put a song in our hearts and a dance in our step today.  Allow my day to be a song of praise for your love and faithfulness.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment