Friday, October 4, 2013

1 Chronicles 29:12 “Riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all.  In your hand are power and might; and it is in your hand to make great and to give strength to all.”

I am at the end of my rope with the government in Washington.  Many times over the last several months I want to throw up my hands in surrender knowing that the Lord could knock our country off of its feet for how we manage our blessings.  This passage in Chronicles brings renewal and peace to my soul.  It reminds me that we may think we are powerful and strong but any power and true strength is not ours; it comes from the Lord.  What blessings and honor we receive did not come to us from our own doing but they were gifts given to us from the Lord.  All that we have and all that we are belongs to Him.  I take a deep breath and continue my prayers for the leaders and the people of this country.  I pray we will serve the Lord and work toward his kingdom in whatever way He wants us to.  I pray that I will not be a hindrance but an instrument of light and love.  I pray that many will pray for this country and that we would all work together in His strength and His greatness for His glory.

Lord,
Work through your servants as you do.  Guide us in your light and in the path you have set before us.  We have received riches and honor beyond measure from you, help us use these blessings to glorify you.  We are nothing without you; help us call on your strength to be built up for your kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment