Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Psalm 37:7 “Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him; do not fret over those who prosper in their way, over those who carry out evil devices.”

I don’t care which side of the fence you sit on I am pretty sure we are all fed up with the struggle the government is experiencing right now.  I see posts all over the internet about it from all different sides but all saying the same thing.  As you can imagine based on my recent writings this governmental strife has been heavy on my heart.  This verse and the passage that holds it bring me to a place of peace and rest in the Lord.  I bend low on my knees asking forgiveness for my lack of trust in Him.  I know that He will prevail and yet I do not release my concerns over to Him completely.  Instead of praying with concern I believe I need to move beyond that and pray in trust of the Lord.  I encourage you to pull out your bible and read Psalm 37 or at least part of it.  I don’t know who you consider the wicked, I am not even sure who I consider the wicked, but what I do know is the Lord knows who is wicked and who is righteous and I place my trust in Him today.

Lord,
I am a work in progress and I thank you for continuing to teach me and mold me in your ways.  I ask you to continue to work on my heart of true love and trust in you until the day that I never question the fact that you are working in every situation at all times.  Thank you for being faithful to us, help us be faithful to you in return.  In humility I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment