Monday, October 14, 2013

Isaiah 50:5 “The Lord God has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I did not turn backward.”

The first colds of the season are going around and my kids both have a cough.  So far they do not seem terribly congested but I know that could come too if we are not careful.  We all know how hard it is to hear when our ears are congested, don’t we?  It is like listening to the world through a fog.   We want to hear but cannot seem to break through the barrier.  My kids don’t hear me but it isn’t because of their colds; they just don’t listen.  This is a phenomenon we all experience.  We speak directly to someone and they do not hear or listen to us.  I am just as guilty of this as anyone.  I tune out the noise in my world a lot and the voices of my kids and spouse get tuned out too.  How often do we tune out the voice of God because we choose not to listen?  I encourage you this day to pray for an open ear.  Let us ask God to remove the barriers and filters we have toward his voice so that we can hear clearly and also that He would move our hearts to be obedient to his call.  He does not ask us to do more than he gives us the ability and strength to do so let us strive to listen and obey.

Lord,
You know our hearts and our ears.  Forgive us for turning a deaf ear to your voice and your call.  Please remove the barriers that prevent us from hearing your word and guide us in obedience to your word today. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment