Sunday, October 13, 2013

Joel 2:12 “Yet even now, says the Lord, return to me with all your heart, with fasting with weeping, and with mourning;”

Not long ago the Pope called out to people around the world to pray and fast over a situation in Syria.  It amazed me how that situation just seem to drop from the radar after that.  Did the media just move on or did prayer and fasting move God to change hearts?  As I continue to watch the heat of politics in Washington D.C. I often lament over the state of our nation.  I wish someone powerful like the Pope would call for a fast and prayer over our nation but so far no one has.  As I read this passage in Joel this morning and prayed to the Lord I had to come asking forgiveness.  When I have felt the need to fast and pray I have ignored it.  When can I fit that into my schedule?  How can I do this effectively with my small children?  I have too much on my agenda today... the excuses mount.  I must ask myself where my priorities are once again.  I must ask the Lord to guide me in the steps He leads me in and I must be willing to trust and follow Him.  He hears us, he listens for our prayers and he waits for our dedication to His kingdom.  Today I lift the nations and their leaders in prayer, will you join me?

Lord,
Our world is in constant discord.  Call us back to your truth and light.  Call us into a time of prayer and fasting so that we can remember that you are our priority.  Use us as you will for the blessing of your world.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment