Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nehemiah 6:9 “– for they all wanted to frighten us, thinking ‘Their hands will drop from the work, and it will not be done.’  But now, O God, strengthen my hands.”

Nehemiah had gone to Judah to help rebuild.  During his time there many officials from other lands tried to draw him away from his work; they were afraid the Jewish people would rebel if their city was rebuilt.  Their hope was that they could harm or discredit Nehemiah and cause the Jewish people to lose hope and stop rebuilding.    Now we are not in the process of rebuilding a city like Nehemiah was... or are we?  There is scripture throughout the bible that talks about Christians being and building the temple of God.  Jesus is the cornerstone and brick by brick we build up from there.  There are many who fear that building of God’s temple and many who try to dissuade us.  We have our own fears that cause us to drop our hands from the work, let alone the barriers and hardships others put in our way.  I turn to the Lord this morning with the words of Nehemiah’s prayer on my heart.  Let the story of Nehemiah give hope to your heart as well.  God is faithful to us and He will strengthen us when we seek Him.  “...O God, strengthen my hands.”

Lord,
Erase the whispers of doubt and the barriers of failure from us.  Renew our spirits with yours so that we can go into this day with new energy to do your work.  Nehemiah guides my prayer today Lord.  Through your grace and mercy I ask you to strengthen my hands and my heart to serve you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment