Friday, October 25, 2013

Psalm 101:2 “I will study the way that is blameless.  When shall I attain it?"

Perfectionism runs deep in my family roots.  I struggle with it just as my Mom did and I see it in my young daughter already.  The problem with perfectionism is that we set ourselves up to fail.  Then we know this and are prone to not even try because we cannot attain the desired outcome.  I have learned, to some degree, to accept that I will not attain my goal in this lifetime but I strive toward it to be the best that I can be.  This is the legacy I want to pass on to my children.  As I study more of God’s word I realize how far from the goal I am at times.  I read and study the words of love and grace, comfort and guidance, correction and refining.  Through this practice of discipleship I come closer step by step to the person I am created to be.  Are we created to be perfect, blameless?  We have been tarnished with sin from the beginning and only the redemption through Christ can wash us clean and set us before the Lord our God as blameless.  It is only through Him that I could ever attain it.  Now we must go and live it.

Lord,
Thank you for your word today; open our hearts to receive it.  As we strive to grow in you and your love, help us receive your grace completely.  Move us to be gracious to others for it is by grace that we become blameless in your sight.  Guide our steps in becoming who you created us to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment