Saturday, October 5, 2013

Psalm 8:9 “O Lord, Our Sovereign, how majestic is your name in all the earth!”

Yesterday we woke to our first snow of the season.   The trees were adorned with flakes of white frost on their leaves and branches, the grass was covered and rooftops were frosted white as well.  As I drove toward the mountains yesterday evening I was taken aback at the beauty of the snow frosted hills in the early evening sunlight.  In these moments I almost hear the earth singing praises to our Lord, its Creator.  The beauty around us sings to the majesty of the Lord; the beauty within us sings to the majesty of the Lord as well.  On this crisp fall morning it is easy for me to shiver under the gray skies but my heart is singing and it brings warmth to my soul.  Our Lord is majestic and this alone is reason to sing praises.  Lift your eyes to the beauty around you, lift your heart to the majesty of the Lord and lift your voice in praises to our King!  “O Lord... how majestic is your name in all the earth!”  Dance and sing for the majesty of the Lord!

Lord,
Thank you for songs in my heart and gentle snows on the ground.  Thank you for allowing the beauty of nature to seep through the clouds of unrest in my soul.  Thank you for the warmth of your creation and the warmth of your love filling me up to overflowing this day.  I praise your holy name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment