Wednesday, October 30, 2013

2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work.”

Amen, Hallelujah, right on brother!  I am certain when Paul wrote this letter he never thought his words would be used as scripture.  Could he fathom his letters being studied and memorized phrase by phrase to keep believers growing in the heart of the Lord?  I seriously doubt it.  Yet, many of the best known verses are writings of Paul.  The scripture he was referring to in his letter was the Old Testament.  It is easy for us to discount the Old Testament writings as no longer relevant.  Why do we need it since we have the New Testament; isn’t newer better?  We are no longer under the law since we have been washed in the redemption of the Jesus and we live in His grace.  Only since I have begun deeper study of God’s word have I truly realized the grace and love of God flowed through the Old Testament just as it does in the New.  I love to study scripture and the more I read and learn the more I can say Amen and Hallelujah to this statement from Paul.

Lord,
I cannot begin to thank you enough for the scriptures that I have at my fingertips whenever I want it.  I pray for those who do not have it or risk their very lives to have it.  Pour your words into our souls so we hold it with us wherever we are, whatever we do, wherever we go.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment