Wednesday, October 23, 2013

James 4:14-15 “Yet you do not even know what tomorrow will bring.  What is your life?  For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.  Instead you ought to say ‘If the Lord wishes, we will live and do this or that.’”

I am a planner by nature, not the most organized planner but a planner none the less.  I am slowly learning but I know the tendency is still strong because both of my children knew the word agenda at a VERY early age.  I often ask my spouse what his plan or agenda is for the day because I know he is also a planner.  When I read this passage I don’t think James is telling me to have no plans whatsoever but I have learned that my plans need to be malleable and not set in stone.  God’s plan is bigger and better than any plan I could ever come up with and he uses others to remind me of this on occasion.  I get asked about homeschooling about once a week.  “Are you going to do this all the way through?”  I hear the answer coming from my mouth “I will do this until God tells me to do something different.”  Do I really live like that?  Do I allow God to guide me in all my plans?  I know the answer and so I take this moment to thank the Lord for His grace and forgiveness, I thank Him for a new day.

Lord,
Forgive me and my busy mind that jumps ahead on a regular basis.  Help me stay in the moment more often and just allow you to guide me forward as you will.  Open my senses to see, smell, touch, taste and hear your blessings this day.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment