Friday, October 18, 2013

Psalm 33:22 “Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.”

Yesterday morning the kids and I were in the car and I was reminding us all that each day is a new day.  The past few days have been days filled with challenge to authority, lack of listening and following directions; I was at the end of my rope on Wednesday.  I was no longer patient, kind or loving to my kids by late afternoon, I was filled with frustration and anger.  After the kids went to bed I had to come to a quiet place and seek the Lord and his love once again.  I had come to think I just needed to rule with an iron fist to get my kids in line.  Gently and lovingly, God reminded me that I need to rule with love.  Violence and anger do not teach love and obedience, love teaches love and obedience.  He renewed my hope and strength through his love and I knew His steadfast love again.  I was able to take a deep breath and ask forgiveness for the pain I may have inflicted through my words.  I called on the Lord many times yesterday and He was right there bringing me love and hope each time.  Today is a new day and I pray this verse for each of us.  “Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in you.”

Lord,
We are nothing without you.  We cannot serve and honor you if we do not hold your love in our hearts.    I come and ask once more, through the redeeming grace of Christ, pour your love into us today.  Thank you for your grace and mercy and thank you for the hope in our hearts for today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment