Thursday, August 28, 2014


There is a saying “that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.”  However, I don’t think that is quite what James was saying in this passage.
I struggle with finding joy in my trials, let me tell you.  I lament, I grumble, I pout, and I whine.  The list of my poor behavior when being tested goes on but I need to keep up some kind of appearance, right?
Home school has always been a challenge; some days easier than others.  This year I have two kids to teach and it has been interesting, to say the least.  I am reminded, daily, that I do not understand boys very well.  I know my five year old boy is typical in that he cannot seem to sit still for more than a nanosecond and his attention span...  I do my best to teach while on the move but there are some things and sometimes we need to sit.  This is just one example, on the surface, of the trials I need to consider a joy, and I have it easy!
Seriously, I tuck these verses away in my heart knowing I will need them a lot.  Face trials with joy because they make us and our faith stronger.  I pray it be so.

Lord,

How many times have I come asking forgiveness for my shortsightedness?  I cannot count them!  Your Word is my strength and I hold onto it for dear life.  Guide my thoughts, my actions, and my words so that, rather than laments, I spread joy to the world.  To your glory I pray.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment