Thursday, August 14, 2014


What am I doing, where am I going and why am I doing it the way I do it?  These are questions I have been asking myself a lot lately.
I know we each have things that threaten to bring us down whether they be physical maladies, mental struggles or spiritual battles; maybe some of each.  Occasionally I come to the Lord asking why?  Paul answers: We are what he has made us, created in Christ for good works.  Couldn't I do good works better without the brokenness in my life?  Ah, but the brokenness I experience is what keeps me coming back to the Lord.  If life were all peaches and cream, would I feel the need for mercy and guidance?  Would I feel the need to be saved, would I be grateful for all the blessings or would I take them for granted?
Today is a new day; maybe I will eat better, get better exercise and be more productive in my day.  Whatever I do I hold this verse in my heart.  I am what he created me to be, in Christ. I am called to do his work.  This is my way of life; this is the way to live.

Lord,

I do not live for my salvation, I live because of it.  I do not work to earn your grace; I work in thanksgiving of your grace.  When I get down on myself remind me again that I am created in Christ, just as you designed me, to live the life you have given me.  I give my life to you, Lord God.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment