Tuesday, August 12, 2014


I saw a quote the other day on the internet that said something like “I know God is not finished with me yet” and this scripture reference was listed with it.
Whenever I have read this in the past I always understood it corporately, not individually.  I decided to look at it on a more personal level today.
I was talking with a friend recently and we were lamenting that we seem to be fighting the same battles that we were fighting years ago.  Are we so dense that we cannot move beyond that struggle or is that our “cross” to carry?  I mentioned to her that he battle is the same but it manifests differently through time.  I have written before about how tired I get, fighting the same battle.  This verse renews my hope and reminds me that the journey is not over and there is always much to learn until that time.
Instead of grumbling about my battles, I look for the growth that has come because of them.  I rejoice that the Lord is with me in the midst of them.  I praise him for continuing to do good work in me and through me until he comes.

Lord,

Forgive my short sightedness yet again.  Thank you for the new view on this scripture and on my earthly battles.  Thank you for the promise in these words of Paul’s that remind us you are still working in us and through us.  Thank you for your steadfast love and mercy through Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment