Wednesday, August 6, 2014


I like to know the plan.  I plan the day, the week; I plan out things.  I really like it when things go according to the plan too but that rarely happens.
When I was younger I used to pray that God would show me the blueprint of my life so I could live according to his plan for me.  I lamented that it would be so much easier if I could just see the plan!  As I have become more seasoned I realize the value in letting things unfold as they will.  I am learning that I do not need the blueprint; I need to keep moving forward.  I need to listen and trust in the Lord. 
When I look around at the world I could become like Daniel, overcome and sick for days.  He was distraught at the vision and he wrote that he did not understand it.
What I know is that God is faithful and eternal.  Whatever comes to pass, I will hold fast to him and remain in him to the end.  I pray this for all people through Christ’s mercy.

Lord,

Let us not be deceived or downtrodden by the things of darkness that we see today and that we read about for tomorrow.  Our hope is in you, Lord.  Keep us strong in you and compel us to grow in you each day so that when the end is here, we stand firm with you forever.  All glory, honor, and praise to you this day and all days.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment