Sunday, August 24, 2014


The tree leaves rustle with a breeze this morning.  The birds are not so vocal in their songs.  The sun brings light to the sky, first a glow of pink and quickly turning it to a light blue.  A new day has begun.
In this quiet moment, I am awe struck at the splendor of God.  The world is full of his creation and his splendor is shown throughout it.  I go through my days with blinders on, stuck in the mundane tasks of normalcy.  This morning I see, for a moment, the beauty of the earth, the beauty of his people, and the holy splendor of God all around me.
As I prepare to go worship in church, I hold this feeling of deep worship in my soul.  I remember all that God has done for me, with me, and through me and I tremble before him.  I do not tremble in fear, I tremble in awe.
I join the voices of nature; I join the voices across nations and throughout the earth, in praise and worship to this, the Almighty, the One True God.  All glory, laud, and honor to you Redeemer King!

Lord,

I am at a loss for words this morning.  You know my heart and I know the Spirit intercedes where my language falls short.  Thank you for this time with you.  Thank you for leading me beside still waters and restoring my soul.  I praise your holy name and still tremble at the foot of your throne.  You are an awesome God and I forever worship you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment