Sunday, August 10, 2014


This reminds me of Palm Sunday services in church.
We stand in our fellowship hall, each person holding a palm frond, waiting to process into the sanctuary.  When the time is right, we process and we sing praises and hosannas to the Lord.
One day we will stand in the true throne room, in the full presence of our Lord and our God.  We will join the great multitude from all nations, every tribe, and every tongue.  We will lift our hands and our voices in worship and in praise to the one who saved us.
I know many, myself included, who long for the day when this takes place but as I read and prayed over this passage I was reminded that we do not wait until that day to worship and praise his holy name.  We have been saved and he is worthy of our praise this moment; every moment until the new beginning and for eternity. Verse ten says “Salvation belongs to our God who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb!”  Hallelujah and Amen!

Lord,

I lift my heart and my hands in humble worship to you.  I lift my voice in praise to your holy name this day.  Hold my gaze Lord, I pray.  Keep my eyes focused on you, the one true God, today and forever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment