Friday, April 4, 2014

Revelation 4:8 “...Day and night without ceasing they sing, ‘Holy, holy, holy, the Lord God the Almighty, who was and is and is to come.’”

I wonder what music sounds like in the heavens?  I wonder what the voices of angels sound like when they sing?
I love music.  I love to sing, I love to ring bells, and I love to listen to music.  The harmonies and melodies tied together speak to my soul in a way nothing else does.  There are days that it seems I live in a musical.  If you have seen a musical of any kind you know that they break into song throughout the play to express what they want to say in a different and more profound way.
If you try, you can find a song to fit just about anything you are experiencing.  There are songs to express every emotion human beings experience.  If I cannot find words to express my thoughts and feelings, I can find a song to speak to that emotion and the music transports me.
God must have put music in our souls.  Every nation, from the most remote tribes in the jungle to the fast paced first world countries, has music.  Children begin making rhythms almost before they can speak.  All of creation sings. 
Join in the song today.  Allow the music of creation to speak to your soul and before you know it, you will join in the songs of adoration to the Most Holy.  Hallelujah, praise the Lord!

Lord,
You are Most Holy, the Almighty One and I praise your name today.  Let my voice join those in the heavens that sing without ceasing.  Let my life be a song that glorifies you day and night so that when I come to your throne in a new life, I simply continue the song I had already been singing.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment