Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Colossians 3:13-14 "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

The other day my daughter needed to apologize to one of her friends for hurting their feelings.  Asking forgiveness is not always easy but it is necessary.
As we, in this house, continue to work on treating each other and others as we would like to be treated there is much conversation about what we really like.  I enjoy the conversations because I am learning right along with them to treat others the way I would like to be treated.  I flew off of the handle yesterday and after stepping away from the situation for a few moments, I had to come back and apologize.  I do not like it when people jump all over me and I know my kids don’t like to be jumped all over.
As we learn this important lesson from Jesus I hope it becomes easier to live in that love rather than having to come back and ask forgiveness.  Until then, we are reminded to bear with each other.  Forgive whatever grievances we hold just as Jesus forgives us.  Above all, let love cover and infuse all things to bind us together in unity.

Lord,
You taught us so much of how we are to live when you were here those many years ago.  We have these precious words and your Spirit to remind us and guide us.  This day I ask you to soften our hearts.  Help us release our grievances,   Heal the wounds we have created in others and the wounds others have created in us.  Bring us together again in your love and bind us as one in you.  Thank you for your grace and forgiveness.  Thank you for your love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment