Monday, April 7, 2014

Psalm 139:14 "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; that I know very well."

There is a song I learned as a child about this verse and as I read this passage the song was running through my mind.  What a great message to begin the day with.
Today is the first day back to school after spring break.  The neighborhood kids head back to public school, my little boy goes to preschool and my daughter and I pull out the home school work.
Yesterday I was already beginning to dread today.  It is hard to come back to school after a break and it seems doubly hard for me since I am Mom and teacher.  I know there will be struggles in focus and desire to work for both teacher and student in this home school today.  I remember how these days have gone in the past.
As I meditated on this verse I realized that the day could go more smoothly if I held this verse in my heart and in my head during school.  I realized I could teach my daughter the song I know today and we could sing it together when we are feeling frustrated or unhappy with ourselves.
I want to see the world with new eyes today.  I wish everyone would see the world with new eyes today.  We are all fearfully and wonderfully made by the Creator.  Today let each of us praise his name for wonderful are his works; that we know very well!

Lord,

I praise you and thank you for the blessing of this verse in my heart today.  Lock these words into my mind and soul so that each person I see, I see with new eyes.  Let each moment I experience be with the remembrance that you created it, and it is wonderfully made.  All glory to you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment