Saturday, April 19, 2014


It was coming up on the Sabbath, the day of rest in the Jewish faith.  Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus came to prepare the body before the Sabbath began.
Here we are on what I know as black Saturday.  I am sure the disciples’ minds and hearts were reeling as they prepared for Sabbath.  The world moved on and they mourned their friend and the loss of their dreams.
I remember when my Mom passed away; it seemed so wrong that there was this big hole in the world where my Mom used to be and the rest of the world didn't even blink an eye.  How much more did Christ’s disciples feel this?  Did they remember his words of hope in the midst of their despair?
As I sit in silence, I cannot fathom the darkness that loomed on that day.  I try for a moment but I do not linger there because I know tomorrow is a day of celebration beyond our wildest dreams...

Lord,
You shake our world up and I thank you.  We get into our comfortable ruts and so easily close our eyes and hearts to your words.  Remind us on this day of rest that we can rest assured.  Even in this present darkness a new dawn is coming.  Blessed be your name, glory to you my God and Savior!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment