Friday, April 25, 2014


Hope in the Lord!
When I read this Psalm I wonder if it refers to Israel the nation or Israel the person.  Could it mean both?
The Psalm starts out in verse one saying “I cry out to you, O Lord.”  At verse five it is still written in the first person; “I wait for the Lord, my soul waits.”
I used this scripture, verse seven, in a call this morning that went something like this:
Sally hope in the Lord, Centennial, hope in the Lord, Colorado hope in the Lord, United States, hope in the Lord!  For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is great power to redeem.
Allow this verse to seep into your heart.  Hear your name in the place of Israel and hear the words speak directly to you.
O ___________, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is great power to redeem!  Hallelujah and Amen!

Lord,
Thank you for allowing scripture to speak to my heart this morning.  Thank you for the printed word that I hold in my heart and my hand as a tool to draw me closer to you each moment.  I pray for those who are not allowed to have the Bible, help them find your word despite the barriers in place.  I pray for those who do not hear your word.  Open their ears and their hearts that they may find hope in you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment