Wednesday, April 16, 2014




Can you imagine sitting at table with Jesus and hearing this statement?  How would you feel?  What would you think?
It would definitely cause me to pause...
As we come to the final days of Lent it is a good time to pause.  I read this passage and felt called to search my heart, another time, for denial and betrayal of the Lord.  I asked the Lord to search me high and low for anything that draws me away from him and his truth.  I want to be clean and righteous for my Lord.
I have often wondered what was going through the mind of Judas during this time before the crucifixion.  What lie did Satan whisper in his heart to make him see that it would be good to turn Jesus over to the authorities?  There is nothing written by Judas’ hand to tell us his story, but do we really need his story?
Don’t we all have a piece of that deceitful heart in us?  Don’t we all have a part of us that wants to push the plan or make things happen the way we think they should?  When we step ahead of God’s plan or begin to devise our own plan, we run into trouble.  We open ourselves to lies and deception.
Today, I take time to have God search me and cleanse me.  I take time to ask myself “is it me?”

Lord,
I ask forgiveness today for the betrayals and denials that I hold against you.  Protect me from lies and deceit.  Purify my soul so that I am a clean vessel to be used solely for your kingdom.  I ask these things in the name of Jesus, my Savior, who lives and reigns forever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment