Sunday, April 20, 2014


There must have been stars still twinkling in the quiet early morning sky.  Dawn was just thinking about rubbing the sleep from its eyes.
What ran through Mary’s mind when she got to the tomb?  Did her heart skip a beat or drop like a rock?  She had come to anoint the body.  She must have at least done a double take.  The sun might have been peeking over the horizon; maybe she thought the gray light was deceiving her.
She ran back to tell the men.
It took the gentle voice of Jesus saying her name for her to realize what had really happened.  It took the disciples seeing him with their own eyes to begin to rejoice and celebrate.
We are still a “seeing is believing” kind of people.  There are many who do not believe still today.  They do not see and they do not hear; they do not believe.
I rejoice this morning!  I have seen and I have heard his voice.  I proclaim and shout at the top of my lungs Christ is risen, He is risen indeed!

Lord God,

Hallelujah!  I live in joy because you rose and conquered death for all.  I rejoice with many across time and space that you are the risen Lord and today we celebrate the gift of new life in you.  I pray for those who have not seen and do not hear.  Open their hearts to receive your glorious truth.  All glory, laud, and honor to you Redeemer, King!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment