Tuesday, April 2, 2013


1 Corinthians 3:16-17 “Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?  If anyone destroys God’s temple God will destroy that person.  For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.”

My spouse works for a company that has an incentive plan to be healthy.  They encourage their employees and the spouses to eat well and exercise as well as seek counsel for habits and struggles that keep us from optimum health.  As I log the foods I eat and the amount of water I drink it causes me to be more conscious of what I put into my body.  As I log the amount of exercise I did and choose what kind of exercise I do, it makes me more conscious of how I treat this body.  I printed out a spring cleaning checklist from the internet last week and I have plans to use it this month to clean the things I don’t think about.  As I go through this process in my home, I also plan to go through this process in spirit and body as well.  As I meditated on these verses and the passage right before them, I thought of the people I see in society that do not seem to honor their temple.  The question I ask myself and I am led to ask you is this:  How can I bring light and love to my temple and then in turn share that light and love to build up the temples of others?

Lord,

Thank you for reminding me that we are your holy temples.  You abide in us and we are called to build these temples with care and love.  Guide me in building so that the building is strong and well built upon your foundation.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment