Friday, April 19, 2013


Psalm 23:5 “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.”

The lavish abundance is amazing to think about.  When I picture the table the Lord would prepare for me and for you, I picture a table laden with delicious and beautiful foods of every kind.  I picture a feast fit for a king laid out just for me.  It is a clear statement to my enemies that I am treasured and important, loved and honored by my Lord.  It is enticing and as I prepare to sit with my Lord at this lavish table of abundance, He anoints my head with oil.  He lovingly pours his healing, cleansing and sanctifying oil over me making me new; renewing me.  As we dine together, basking in the love and light, I am reveling in the overflowing blessings I receive from my Lord.  He completely satisfies my every need and every desire.  I invite you to come and join in the feast of the Lord.  His presence, His word and His love will fill you and complete you like nothing else.  Through this abundant love, He fills us up and prepares us to go into the world remembering we are His beloved, his treasured children.  He is always by our side- guiding, protecting and loving us.  Truly, my cup of blessing overflows every day.

Lord,
Thank you for your lavish love spread out and poured out for each one of us.  Help us come to you and receive the blessings you so freely give.  Let us remember how treasured we are in your sight today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment