Friday, April 12, 2013


Joel 2:1 “Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy mountain!  Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the day of the Lord is coming, it is near –“

I haven’t been downtown in quite a while but I can still remember seeing someone preaching to repent for the end is near.  Back then I thought they must be a little off of their rocker and maybe they were.  I wonder how many people thought Joel was off of his rocker.    It seems like the people of old, in the times of the Bible, took notice and to a degree respected prophets.  I do not know of one nation’s leader that has called on a prophet to tell them what they should do.  Do we no longer have true prophets in this world?  Has media grown so vast that word of mouth is no longer effective?  There was a poll on the news recently that 40% of the people polled believe the end of the world will happen within 40 years.  People have thought that for thousands of years now but here are two things I am sure of.  The “end” is closer than it was and it is the day of the Lord, so this will not be the end for me.  Let’s all continue to turn to the Lord in every way we can so that when this day comes we are ready to be embraced with open arms.

Lord,
I know you know the perfect time to come in all of you glory.  Let us not sit idly by waiting but help us continue to do your work and spread your love to others until that day we see you face to face.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment