Tuesday, April 16, 2013


Hebrews 13:8-9 “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.  Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings, for it is well for the heart to be strengthened by grace...”

A few days ago it was sunny and 60 degrees, this morning I look out my window and see about 3 inches of snow and icy frozen streets.  This is Colorado in the springtime.  Who am I kidding?  This is Colorado.   There is a saying here:” if you don’t like the weather, wait a few minutes.”  The one constant in this life is change.  It seems nothing stays the same.  Change can be a good thing, when we allow change in ourselves, we grow. When we embrace change we learn to be flexible and allow others to grow.  The important thing to remember is our foundation.  Regardless of our growth and flexibility there is one thing that remains constant and keeps us grounded.  Jesus and his teachings from the beginning to the end have remained constant.  As we reach out to others and embrace change and growth, let us keep our feet firmly on the teachings of Jesus, the Christ.  Love God, love one another and enjoy the changing world around us for the wild ride that it can be.

Lord,
I am simply an extension of you.  You created me and I am here to serve you with my life.  Help me not lose track of you, my rock and my redeemer, as I seek to serve.  Thank you for your steadfast love and constant presence guiding and teaching even today.  Open our ears to hear you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment