Tuesday, April 9, 2013


Philippians 4:8 “Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”

As I write there is a very light blanket of snow lying on the ground outside and snow is still falling.  The flakes are powdery light and so gentle.  The forecast is a blizzard with several inches of snow.  Schools are cancelled; lots of people will stay home from work or end up coming home early.  This puts a wrinkle in my schedule and if you know anything about me you know I like a schedule.  All day yesterday and some this morning I am praying for the snow to be less than predicted, I want... I want... I want.  This verse and passage came to me as I was lifting others in prayer and it hit me like a gentle snowflake on the head.  Oh, how I need to gain perspective.  I can begrudgingly accept the changes in my day or I can embrace them.  We need this snow so badly and my children, most children love to play in it.  Soup will be cooking on the stove later today and blessings will abound.

Lord,
Thank you for perspective.  Help me release my agenda and embrace yours.   Open my eyes to see what is honorable, just and pure.  Open my mouth to acknowledge what is pleasing, commendable and excellent.  I lift my heart to praise you, for you are worthy of praise forever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment