Saturday, April 20, 2013


John 8:7 “When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, ‘Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

Apparently I am a rabble-rouser.  I posted what I thought was a thought provoking video on Facebook yesterday and the next thing I knew some of my dear friends, who disagree with each other, began degrading each other’s character and calling each other names.  I am so distressed by this but, unfortunately, not surprised.  We are a passionate people and we believe what we believe with all our hearts and souls.  Just as these people believed the women who was caught in adultery did not deserve to live because of her sin, we often slam and dehumanize the people we disagree with until we have stoned them to death.  Jesus calls each of us to review our own hearts before we condemn someone else.  When we run into a democrat and we are republican, or vice-versa, or when we run into an unbeliever and we are a believer should we condemn them because they are “wrong” or misguided or...  Join me today in asking the Lord for forgiveness of our close mindedness and hard hearts.  We all struggle with these things at times.

Lord,
Please forgive my lack of love for my brothers and sisters.  Help me see you in them, regardless of our differences and open my ears that I may hear what they really have to say instead of picking apart their words and their hearts.  Help me be an agent of love for you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment