Thursday, April 11, 2013


1 Peter 4:10 “Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received.”

It must be time for a stewardship drive in my life.  My husband and I recently talked about changing our pledge amount to our church.  We received a pledge card from a church he has been attending off and on and now this passage comes to me.  There have been other signs I have received as well.  I am not talking about money but about the gifts Peter is talking about in this passage.  What are your gifts?  We all have them; things we are good at and enjoy doing.  I have always enjoyed writing and felt like I was pretty good at it.  I have the ability to put my thoughts down on paper.  I never imagined I would use this gift to benefit God’s kingdom and serve others but He had a plan and here I am.  I really enjoy teaching and at one point in my youth thought I would teach elementary school.  I never dreamed I would be teaching my own children in homeschool but God had a plan.  Search your life and see if you are using the gifts God gave you.  Allow Him to guide you forward in the process of becoming a better steward of His grace, using your gifts to serve Him and others.

Lord,
Thank you for calling me back into focus.  When there are days that do not go as planned, I tend to get derailed and this verse has put me back on track.  Help me use what I have been given for your glory and to serve your children.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment