Thursday, April 25, 2013


Genesis 1:29 “God said, ‘See, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food.’”

I am becoming more and more aware of the food I eat.  Our society talks about it all the time, the shelves of the grocery store are stocked with all kinds of new and improved, healthier, etc...  We have junk food in our house though.  I am disappointed with most cereal, bread and crackers.  The additives that are put in these foods are amazing.  I have not come to the point of justifying the cost of eating all natural, and it would cost a lot, but I need to do something more.  This passage is the story of creation.  In this perfect world, even the “beasts” are all given grass to eat.  I have reduced the amount of processed food I eat (a little).  As I read and meditated on this passage I realized I need to study this much more before I stop eating anything but vegetation.  I am encouraged to stop eating store bought cookies and ice cream though.  This will be a very gradual change for me but I will move to a healthier and more holistic diet.  What is one food item you could drop that is not on the natural food chain?  Are you willing to give one thing up to move closer to the Eden God wanted?

Lord,
You know my weaknesses and you know what is in my pantry.  Remind me of this verse and my desire to treat my body in a better way.  Give me strength to resist “junk” and replace it with good food.  I ask this in your name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment