Sunday, April 14, 2013


Colossians 4:2 “Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with thanksgiving.”

The last couple of days I have been battling a cold to beat all colds.  I haven’t done my exercises, my sleep is not as good and I have not been as diligent in my quiet time either.  This morning I turned to this verse and read it along with verse three and four.  I lifted a prayer for the people sharing the word of God today in churches all over the world and then I plopped into my rocking chair.  A little nudge about faith came to me from Hebrews then and so I had two passages to ponder in my sleep deprived heart.  I admit I went back to bed and got a little more sleep.  Now that I am slightly more awake, I can say what I received in these verses.  There are many things that can get in the way of our time with the Lord.  Sicknesses, bad nights of sleep, busy days ahead...  When I don’t spend time with the Lord I feel it.  I have been reminded so I remind you as well- be faithful and devote yourselves to prayer.  Give thanks for all we have been given through the love of our Lord and His faithfulness to us.  This morning I lift a prayer for each of you to be healthy in heart, body and spirit, thanking God for the blessings he has already given each of us.

Lord,
You know my heart and through your strength I persevere through the distractions and excuses to find time with you.  Thank you for being there when I finally come to be with you.  Thank you for giving us prayer.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment